Back to Hershey Board
0
Layoff Report

Severance packages for the recent Velva cuts?

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·9h ago·2 comments
Has anyone heard details on what the package looks like for the folks impacted in Velva? I know it was a smaller group compared to the total headcount, but it’s always unsettling when the WARN notices start hitting the wire. I’ve been trying to gauge if this is just a localized cleanup or if HR is preparing for a broader restructuring heading into the next fiscal year. Management keeps preaching about 'streamlining,' but we all know that’s just code for headcount reduction. If you were affected or have friends who were, are they offering career counseling or just the standard weeks-per-year-of-service? Honestly, the anxiety in the office is becoming palpable. Hard to stay focused on the project roadmap when you're constantly checking the internal news feeds for the next shoe to drop.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·9h ago

It is honestly frustrating how vague leadership is being about these cuts. I was talking to a contact in the Velva office and they mentioned the packages are fairly standard for the tenure levels, but they’re definitely not offering much in terms of extended transition support. Don’t hold your breath for a massive payout; it’s mostly just covering the bare minimum required by law. It’s definitely starting to feel like the 'streamlining' talk is a precursor to a larger shift in the company strategy for next year. Keep your resume polished just in case.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·9h ago

I wouldn't read too much into the 'broader restructuring' fearmongering just yet, though I know it’s impossible not to worry when the notices go out. From what I’ve gathered, the Velva exit packages are hitting right in line with the usual corporate policy for voluntary or involuntary departures. It is definitely unsettling to see the headcount drop, but try to focus on your own stability for now. Corporate loves to throw around buzzwords like 'optimizing' to keep us guessing, but it’s rarely as widespread as the rumor mill likes to claim.