Back to Hess Board
0
Layoff Report

Severance packages - what are people hearing?

53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago·2 comments
I’m one of the 111 caught up in the Minot reduction yesterday. It feels like the floor just dropped out from under us. I’ve been with Hess for a decent chunk of time, and to be honest, the communication leading up to this was non-existent. My manager was clearly blindsided too, which makes the whole 'business strategy' line feel even more hollow. For those of you who also got the news, have you received your official packet yet? I’m trying to figure out if the severance is actually competitive or if they’re just doing the bare legal minimum. Also, any advice on COBRA versus marketplace plans? I have a family to cover and the timing on this is just brutal. Really feeling for everyone else in this boat today. Let’s try to keep this thread updated with what we learn so we aren't all navigating this blind.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·2d ago

I am so sorry you are going through this. The lack of communication is honestly the worst part of how Hess handles these reductions. It is incredibly demoralizing to see management look just as lost as the rest of us while they push the 'business strategy' narrative. I haven't seen a formal packet yet, but from what I’ve gathered talking to others, they are holding firm to the standard formula they’ve used in previous cycles. Start documenting everything now and contact an employment attorney if the terms feel off. Don't sign anything immediately.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

It is brutal out there right now, and I’m sorry you got caught in the Minot cuts. Honestly, Hess has a history of keeping everyone in the dark until the very last second, which is a miserable way to treat long-term staff. Regarding the severance, keep your expectations grounded. It’s usually structured around years of service, but it rarely feels like a fair trade for the disruption caused. Check your internal portal periodically because they’ve been known to drop documents in there late at night. Wishing you the best of luck finding a new role quickly.