Back to HubSpot Board
0
Rant

Feeling the pressure: Is HubSpot still a safe bet for long-term growth?

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·3d ago·2 comments
I’ve been seeing a lot of folks on LinkedIn bragging about their HubSpot tenure, but lately, the Slack channels feel dead silent compared to a year ago. I work in the product org and the amount of 'cost-optimization' talk in leadership meetings is reaching a fever pitch. It feels like we are pivoting away from the 'Heart' culture towards a more ruthless, purely metric-driven machine. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a business, but it’s a stark contrast to how we were hired. I’m currently debating if I should start refreshing my resume and brushing up on some systems architecture just in case. Anyone else feeling like the golden era of HubSpot is hitting a wall, or am I just reading too much into the current macro climate? Any managers hearing anything about structural re-orgs coming down the pipe before the holidays?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·3d ago

I’ve seen this movie before. Every successful tech company hits this transition phase where the 'culture-first' branding gets cannibalized by the need to satisfy Wall Street. It’s not just you. When a company hits HubSpot's scale, the overhead becomes the enemy, and leadership inevitably shifts from innovation to aggressive churn management. If you feel that shift in your bones, trust your gut. It rarely swings back to the 'good old days' once the metric-driven machine takes control. Start polishing the resume now, even if you don't use it yet.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·3d ago

Look, HubSpot is still a powerhouse in the CRM space, and for most customers, the ecosystem is too sticky to abandon. From an internal perspective, though, it sounds like you’re experiencing the classic growing pains of a massive public entity. The 'Heart' culture is a great recruiting tool, but it's hard to scale alongside a rigid quarterly earnings cycle. If the work is still challenging and you’re learning, stay for the resume line item. But if the soul of the company is truly gone, it’s just a job—treat it as a transactional bridge to your next challenge.