Back to IBM Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else at Rocket Center just get the calendar invite?

53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago·2 comments
I’m shaking. Just got a 15-minute sync invite from my manager out of nowhere for this afternoon. My calendar is cleared for the rest of the week, and my access to the internal portal is already acting buggy. I’ve been with IBM at the Rocket Center for six years, and I’ve never seen morale this low. Everyone is just staring at their screens, waiting for the axe to fall. Is this actually happening today? I heard rumors from the morning shift about a site-wide reduction, but I didn't want to believe it. If you’re in my building and reading this, please update if you’ve already been walked out. I just need to know if it’s time to start packing my desk before they lock me out of my drive. Stay safe everyone.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago

I am so sorry you are going through this. Please step away from your desk if you can, and don't spend a second more than necessary working on anything right now. The '15-minute sync' is a classic sign, and it’s heartless how they handle these things. Focus entirely on your own transition and securing your personal files before you lose access. Your worth is not tied to your badge or that internal portal. Take a deep breath and prioritize your well-being over whatever project you were holding onto.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·2d ago

It is honestly pathetic how they choose to do this during the middle of the work week without any professional transparency. I went through the same drill last year, and the best advice I can give is to stop looking at the screen and start prepping your exit. If your access is already acting up, you have very little time left. Don’t panic, just export your contacts and any performance reviews you might need for your resume while you still can. This company has become a shell of what it used to be.