Back to Intuit Board
0
Discussion

Is anyone actually staying? The vibe in the office is dead

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·11h ago·2 comments
I managed to keep my desk, but I honestly don't know why I’m still here. The July 16th cuts were brutal, and watching half my team get axed in an hour has completely killed any motivation I had left. We’re being told this is all for a 'refocused strategy' and some new internal shift, but it feels like the place is just being gutted to pump up the numbers for next quarter. My manager is checked out, most of the institutional knowledge walked out the door, and the internal systems are falling apart. Is everyone else looking for the exit, or am I just being cynical? I’m starting to think that staying is just going to lead to more burnout while we scramble to cover the work of the people who were let go. This isn't the company I joined, and I really don't see a reason to hang around and wait for the next round.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·11h ago

It is honestly surreal being in the office lately. The silence is deafening compared to how things were even six months ago. I’m only staying for the paycheck at this point, but every time I look around at the empty desks, I just feel like I'm waiting for my turn to be cut. There is zero trust left in leadership and the constant buzzwords about 'refocusing' are just insulting when we all know it’s just about padding the quarterly earnings. I’m spending half my day updating my resume instead of working.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·11h ago

I left shortly after the July cuts, and honestly, it was the best career move I’ve made in years. You have to realize that the company you joined is long gone. When they start sacrificing institutional knowledge and long-term stability just to hit immediate financial targets, they’ve already signaled that you are just a line item to them. Don't feel guilty about looking elsewhere. The 'new strategy' is just code for doing twice the work with half the resources while the stock price is the only thing that matters.