Back to Mastercard Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone affected by the Oct 20th round?

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·2d ago·1 comments
Checking in to see if anyone here was part of the 93 impacted by the Oct 20th layoffs. I’m looking for clarity on the severance packages being offered. Did they give everyone the standard package, or are they playing hardball with those of us who have been here a few years? It’s surreal seeing these numbers hit the WARN site after all the talk about record profits. I’m already hitting LinkedIn hard, but if anyone has tips on how they are handling the transition or if HR is actually being helpful, I’d appreciate the insight. This is my first time going through a tech layoff and the radio silence from leadership is honestly the worst part. Good luck to everyone else looking for a landing spot.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·2d ago

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this. From what I've gathered, the packages seem consistent across the board, but they are definitely being tight-lipped about any room for negotiation. Don't waste too much time waiting for HR to offer personalized guidance—they are strictly following a script right now. Your best bet is to connect with others who were let go so you can compare details and protect your interests. Focus your energy on networking and getting your severance documents reviewed by an employment lawyer if you feel the offer is unfair given your tenure.