Back to ONEOK Board
0
Rant

IT hardware procurement issues

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago·2 comments
Has anyone else had a hell of a time trying to get new equipment approved lately? I put in a ticket for a new laptop over three weeks ago because my current one is basically on life support, and it got flat-out rejected by my director. They told me 'non-essential spending is paused' for the remainder of the fiscal year. I’ve been here for a few years now, and I’ve never seen them act this stingy over basic work tools. It feels like they are tightening the purse strings aggressively to make the balance sheet look pristine before the next earnings call. When they stop spending on basic hardware, it usually means they are trying to free up cash for something else or prepping for a restructuring. Just seems like a massive red flag. Anyone else getting blocked on standard operational expenses?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·1d ago

I’m dealing with the same headache over here. I’ve been trying to get a monitor replacement for weeks because my current one flickers constantly, but the request was buried by budget restrictions. It’s honestly insulting to be expected to hit high performance metrics while they refuse to provide functional tools. The optics of this are terrible—cutting corners on basic tech just makes us look like we're struggling. I’ve never seen the approval process this rigid, and it’s killing team morale faster than the actual work is. Something has definitely shifted behind the scenes recently.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·1d ago

Don't hold your breath waiting for an approval. I went through the exact same thing last quarter, and it’s clear the priority right now is strictly optics for the balance sheet. They are squeezing every department to keep operational costs low, regardless of how much it slows down the actual workflow. I finally had to escalate my case through my manager just to get a refurbished machine, and even then, it took a massive amount of back-and-forth. It’s a frustrating cycle, but expect this tightness to continue until at least the start of the new fiscal cycle.