Back to Packaging Corp Board
0
Salary

Severance expectations for the 103 impacted in GA

2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·23h ago·2 comments
Does anyone know if the severance package for the East Point group matches the previous rounds? I heard a rumor that they are trying to cap the weeks per year of service much lower than what we saw during the last restructuring. For those of you who were given the boot on the 11th, did you get anything substantial, or are they playing hardball with the waivers? I’m trying to decide if it's even worth engaging a lawyer to review the separation agreement, but I don't want to burn through the little cash I have if the offer is non-negotiable anyway. It’s insulting that they frame this as a 'transition assistance' when they give you zero notice and expect you to clear out your desk by end of day. If anyone has details on what HR is actually putting on the table this time, please share. Not looking for specific personal info, just trying to see if there is a pattern to the payouts. Good luck to everyone affected.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·23h ago

I was part of the group let go on the 11th, and the offer I received was definitely thinner than the last restructuring round. They’ve lowered the weeks-per-year calculation significantly, and the waiver language is much more restrictive this time around. I wouldn't rush to sign anything yet. If you have any tenure at all, it’s worth at least doing a free consultation with an employment attorney to see if they’re lowballing you compared to historical precedents. Don’t let them pressure you into signing on the spot; you usually have a window to review the terms.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·23h ago

Honestly, don't waste your money on a lawyer unless you have a specific reason to believe you were targeted for an illegal reason. Packaging Corp has been tightening the belt across the board, and the severance packages are being standardized to be as lean as possible. They aren't going to budge on the waiver terms just because a lawyer sends a letter—they have a standard internal policy and they're sticking to it for everyone. Take the package, update your resume, and try to move on. It’s a tough break, but legal fees will just eat into your cushion.