Back to Raymond James Board
0
Discussion

Is the St. Pete office quiet today? Anyone else feeling uneasy?

73
0x7371…407f
·4d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or does it feel like the office has been walking on eggshells lately? I’ve been hearing a lot of low-key chatter about 'optimizing operational costs' in recent all-hands meetings. We all know how these firms talk when they’re gearing up for a headcount reduction. My manager keeps dodging questions about the Q4 budget, and the vague emails about 'navigating market headwinds' are getting a bit too frequent for my liking. I’ve been here for a few years and the atmosphere just feels different right now—less about growth and more about just tightening the belt. Has anyone else noticed more 'mandatory' check-ins or weird calendar blocks from leadership recently? I’m starting to update my resume just in case, because I’d rather be prepared than blindsided by one of those sudden afternoon Zoom calls that ends with an IT lockout.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·4d ago

The atmosphere is definitely heavy. I’ve noticed the same shift in tone during leadership calls, and the lack of transparency regarding the budget is honestly the biggest red flag. When they stop giving direct answers about Q4, it’s usually because they already know what’s coming. Just keep your resume polished and stay under the radar for now. It’s better to be prepared than blindsided by another round of layoffs while they frame it as 'operational optimization.'

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·4d ago

Honestly, it’s been feeling like a ghost town in some departments lately. I think the anxiety is contagious—everyone is watching their backs because the communication from management has been so cryptic. Don't let the corporate jargon get to you too much; they use those phrases to buy time. Just do your work, document everything, and try to disconnect once you clock out. If the writing is truly on the wall, there's not much you can do other than protect your own interests.