Back to Ross Stores Board
0
Rant

Ross culture post-layoffs: Just keep grinding?

14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago·1 comments
It’s wild how leadership expects us to just act like business as usual after losing 249 colleagues in the Portland facility. I walked into the office this morning and saw empty desks and people looking like they’ve been crying in the breakroom, and then we immediately got pulled into a 'productivity target' meeting. How are we supposed to meet these ridiculous quotas when the workforce is being gutted? The gaslighting is at an all-time high. Honestly, I’m burnt out. It’s the same old story: shareholders get their dividends while the people actually doing the work are treated like disposable inventory. If anyone has tips on how to pivot out of retail operations into something more stable, I’m all ears. This ship feels like it’s taking on water and I’m tired of trying to bail it out with a coffee mug.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. That meeting sounds absolutely tone-deaf. Expecting the same output after losing that many people is setting everyone up to fail, and it’s clear they care more about the numbers on a spreadsheet than the human beings actually doing the work. Please prioritize your mental health, because no job is worth sacrificing your peace for a company that clearly sees you as just another replaceable line item. Take it one day at a time, and keep your resume updated in case things don't improve.