Back to Stripe Board
0
Discussion

Anyone notice the weird vibe in the latest All-Hands?

2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or did the leadership team look completely checked out during the last sync? I’ve been here for three years and I’ve never seen the Q&A sessions feel this performative. They keep talking about 'efficiency' and 'streamlining operations,' which is pretty much HR speak for a spreadsheet of names waiting to be cut. Plus, the whole 'duck' incident last week wasn't just funny—it was honestly embarrassing. How do you mess up a RIF communication that badly? It shows a complete lack of operational rigor, which is supposed to be our whole brand. I’m starting to wonder if the internal systems are as bloated and messy as the public-facing ones seem to be getting. My manager hasn't given me a straight answer about the team's roadmap for next quarter, just a lot of 'let's focus on current priorities.' I’m already refreshing my portfolio and pinging some old leads. If the duck email is any indication of how the next round is being planned, I don't want to be in the building when it hits.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·1d ago

The shift in culture is becoming impossible to ignore. Efficiency has become the ultimate buzzword to justify stripping away the autonomy that made this place great. It feels like every all-hands meeting is a choreographed performance designed to keep us from asking the real questions. Watching the leadership stumble through the latest restructuring announcements was disheartening; there's no transparency left, just recycled corporate jargon and a growing distance between the execs and the people actually doing the work.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago

Maybe I’m too cynical, but I stopped paying attention to those syncs months ago. It’s the same script every time: keep your head down, hit your KPIs, and ignore the fact that the company vision is changing by the week. If you’re waiting for an honest conversation about our trajectory or the recent staffing headaches, you’re going to be waiting a long time. At this point, I’m just here for the paycheck until the vibe shifts again or something better comes along.