Back to Tesla Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else feel like the culture died overnight?

31
0x317a…a7a2
·2d ago·2 comments
It’s not just the sheer number of people gone—it’s the absolute silence in the slack channels. I’ve been here for four years, and it feels like I’m working for a different company this week. The layoffs in Austin are brutal, and frankly, the way the leadership handled the emails is just depressing. It felt colder than the Twitter situation. You spend years grinding 60-hour weeks to hit delivery targets, and then you just get a ping saying your badge is deactivated? No exit interview, no 'thank you,' just ghosted by the company you helped build. Half the people I actually liked working with are gone, and the remaining ones are just staring at their screens waiting for the next round. The morale here is in the gutter. If you’re still waiting for a package or a sign, just start dusting off your resume now. I’m already hitting up recruiters; this isn't the mission-driven company I signed up for anymore.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

I felt that same shift. It’s wild how quickly the energy evaporates when people are treated like line items on a spreadsheet rather than human beings. The mission used to feel like a shared obsession, but now it just feels like any other faceless corporate machine. Watching talented colleagues get ghosted after years of dedication is a massive wake-up call. It definitely makes you question why you’re pushing those long hours if your contribution can be erased with a single automated notification.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·2d ago

Honestly, this is just the reality of the current phase. It’s brutal, and the lack of communication is definitely a bad look, but Tesla has always been a high-burn environment. If you’re looking for a warm, fuzzy corporate culture, you’re probably in the wrong place. The mission is what matters, not the HR exit experience. People need to stop romanticizing the grind and realize that at this scale, individual sentiment doesn’t drive the stock or the production lines. Just keep your head down and move forward.