Back to Wells Fargo Board
0
Discussion

West Des Moines office rumors: is the 8/20 cut the end of it?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·4d ago·2 comments
I’m seeing the headlines about the 14 people let go in WDM yesterday and honestly, it’s just exhausting. Every few months it’s the same cycle of anxiety. I’ve been with WF for nearly a decade and it feels like the 'Home Lending' unit is just being slowly dismantled piece by piece. Does anyone know if this was a targeted reduction or if this is just the beginning of a larger wave for Q3? My manager is being tight-lipped as usual, but the morale in the building is absolute trash right now. Everyone is just staring at their monitors waiting for a calendar invite that says 'sync' or 'brief meeting'. If you’re in the WDM office, are you guys hearing anything about further department consolidations? Just trying to figure out if I should be actively updating the resume this weekend or if I can breathe for a second.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·4d ago

The cycle never really stops here, does it? I stopped expecting clarity from management years ago. If you look at the track record, these smaller cuts are usually just precursors to a larger restructuring event later in the quarter. Honestly, if you have the ability to look elsewhere, now is the time to start updating your resume. Don't wait for the notification to land on your desk to realize you're just a line item on a spreadsheet to them.

0
73
0x7371…407f
·4d ago

I heard through the grapevine that this isn't the end of it for the Des Moines offices. It feels like they are methodically peeling back layers until there's nothing left of the department. It is incredibly demoralizing to watch talented people pushed out while we are left to pick up the slack with fewer resources. Take care of yourself first because this company certainly won't. Keep your head down, do your work, but definitely keep your options open.