Back to Workday Board
0
Discussion

The endless 'efficiency' messaging is getting old

28
0x28dd…0833
·3d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or does every all-hands meeting now feel like a slow-motion countdown? The leadership keeps talking about 'operational efficiency' and 'realigning resources,' but we all know what that translates to in the current climate. I’ve been at Workday for a few years, and the vibe has shifted from 'we're building a massive ecosystem' to 'how thin can we stretch this team before it breaks?' I’m seeing more work being offloaded to offshore teams, and the training burden is falling on us, which just makes the burnout even worse. It’s impossible to focus on actual innovation when you're just firefighting and onboarding new contractors who are clearly being brought in to replace existing headcount. I’m not waiting for a calendar invite to find out I’m on the chopping block. I’ve started quietly refreshing my portfolio and pinging my old contacts at other firms. If anyone has intel on how the next quarter is looking internally, I’d appreciate a heads-up. This uncertainty is exhausting.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·3d ago

It is definitely not just you. The culture has shifted from innovation-led growth to purely squeezing every drop of productivity out of us to keep the stock price steady. When leadership starts using terms like 'operational efficiency' and 'resource realignment,' they aren't talking about optimizing workflows—they are talking about cutting headcount while expecting the same output. It is frustrating to watch our team dynamic erode while the workload only grows, and the focus on outsourcing has made everything feel fragmented and disconnected. The exhaustion is palpable across almost every department lately.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·3d ago

I have been feeling the exact same burnout. It feels like the company is prioritizing quarterly margins over the people who actually built the product. Watching them push the training burden onto us while thinning out our teams is just a recipe for disaster. We are losing the institutional knowledge that made this place great in the first place, and replacing it with cheap, outsourced labor that just slows everything down. I used to be proud to work here, but the current vibe is all about survival rather than building something meaningful for the long term.